Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Internet Problems

Hey,

My early 2011 MBP, that I got in september, used to have problems connecting to the internet. It would think the router had signal bit it wouldnt load anything. I recently updated the firmware and everything seemed to work properlyl, until I try and connect it to the college wifi. It will connect but then it wouldnt load anything even the college log in. This would then be carried back to my house with same problem unless I restart the MBP.

Does anyone know whats happened and how yo sort it out.

Could it be caused by the fact that the casing wasnt put togethrr properly (the bottom part sticks out a bit)

Cheers

Leon

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 2.3GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:54 AM

3 replies

Nov 10, 2011 3:25 AM in response to triforceguy1

Best to set up Locations instead of always using the "Automatic" default location. Set up a location for when you are at your house with it's SSID and password. Call it House. Then set up a new location similarly and call it College WiFi. Then when you get to your new location just select it from the Applemenu>Locations.

Nov 10, 2011 7:20 AM in response to Parkerwd

I've had the same problems, what I have been able to determine is that there's another WiFi network interfering with yours and the MBP keeps trying to connect to the other network.

If you can't turn off the other network , try this it worked for me (OS 10.7.2):

SYS Pref, Network, Advanced, Delete current preferred network ("-"), then create new network ("+"), but under security choose WPA/WPA2 Enterprise and restart.

You may need to choose (click on) your preferred network but once you do, the MBP will continue trying to connect to the other network but will not drop its current connection until its successful.

good luck...

MacBook Pro Internet Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.