5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2011 4:01 PM by ddotcom
InternetCloud Level 1 Level 1

Every time I sync my iPhone with my Mac,  iTunes copies the same episode of a podcast, even though I haven't listened to it or deleted it. Has anyone else seen this happen?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
Reply by CDC23 on Nov 10, 2011 6:34 PM Helpful

Yeah, this just started happening to me too.  I couldn't find anything in the forums either, but I checked the iOS 5 manual that you can download in iBooks.  If you swipe across a podcast in the iPod app, a delete option will pop up.  If you delete the podcast on your iPhone and in iTunes, you should be good.  I haven't found any other way to do it.

All replies

• NYRfan46 Level 1 Level 1

It just started happening to me.  I downloaded 2 Podcasts to my iPhone, synched it up to my iTunes, and it synched the Podcasts from my phone to my PC.  I deleted the podcasts off of iTunes, re-synched, and my iPhone just synched those podcasts back to my iTunes.  Endless cycle.  Can't get rid of them.  Anybody have any answers?

• NYRfan46 Level 1 Level 1

Sorry. Didn't realize this was iTunes for MAC forum.

• CDC23 Level 1 Level 1

Yeah, this just started happening to me too.  I couldn't find anything in the forums either, but I checked the iOS 5 manual that you can download in iBooks.  If you swipe across a podcast in the iPod app, a delete option will pop up.  If you delete the podcast on your iPhone and in iTunes, you should be good.  I haven't found any other way to do it.

• SingeVert Level 1 Level 1

Same thing here.  Getting super annoying.  Get on it already Apple! (Thank you CDC23 but I've tried that and everything else and it doesn't solve it--clearly a bug--plus it would be silly to require us to delete every podcast on both devices to actually get rid of it.)

• ddotcom Level 1 Level 1

me too....can't get podcasts to properly sync. i just did it manually using CDC23's advice [thanks!] but it's really not what i want. i'd like to sync FROM my computer TO my iPhone....and that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.