Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp thinks my internal disk is raid or external?

Hi, I recently upgraded to lion on my mid 2010 21.5" iMac and am having some bootcamp issues. Every time i open bootcamp assistant i get the following error:

"You cannot partition an external disk or RAID disk. Restart your computer using an internal disk that is not part of a RAID set."

My issue is that i am booting from my internal drive and its not in RAID. I have no externals plugged in. According to disc utility my drive is fine. Ive repaied disc and permissions but still the same error everytime i reboot. I dont get it. Its an iMac i only have one drive???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 9:04 AM

2 replies

Nov 10, 2011 11:59 AM in response to The hatter

I am opening assitant to partition my drive for Win7. When i open it and hit continue i get the error. It will not let me pick any options but the driver downloads. I have only one hardrive but bootcamp assistant says i am in RAID or external. I do no have it installed yet because bootcamp assistant will not allow the option. Here is a pic...User uploaded file

Bootcamp thinks my internal disk is raid or external?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.