Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7 Deleting files from Capture Scratch (Offline Media)

I recently started editing in FCP 7 and I used Log and Transfer to copy over the files from my SD card (AVCHD files). I set my scratch drive as an external HDD. Every time I relaunch the program I get the Offline Media error which asks you to reconnect the media. Most of the time reconnecting is fine but I sometimes the files have just disappeared from the capture scratch folder, and I can't reconnect them. Then certain clips began swapping names and some other strange things have been happening.

Anybody know what's going on? Your help is really appreciated!

/Dara

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 10:05 AM

2 replies

Nov 10, 2011 10:24 AM in response to dcairbre

It's certainly not FCP 7's fault as it does nothing at all but link to the clips.

It can only Read and not Write so the problem must be connected with you opening FCP while the scratch disk is not connected.

I have no idea how files can disappear or rename themselves unless you (or others with access to your Mac) are doing something to them or your hard drive is dodgy.

Are you trying to rename the files in the Browser?

FCP 7 Deleting files from Capture Scratch (Offline Media)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.