Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone found a protective case suitable for the air's superdrive?

Has anyone found a protective case suitable for the air's superdrive? Mine's getting bashed about in transit and I'm worried for it's safety! I have a nice LArobe case for the actual air, but can't seem to find something similar. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 12:40 PM

4 replies

Nov 10, 2011 9:52 PM in response to GAtkins

This picture from SF Bag's website says it all.

That power/usb cord is begging to get bent/kinked/frayed all to heck right behind the strain relief at the drive end, after stuffing into a backpack for a while. Just like the straight magsafe adapters do at the other end, for which apple just settled their class action suit.

SG bags really expects you to just let the cord hang out and tuck the end into an outside pocket. LOL.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Nov 30, 2015 7:52 PM in response to SP Forsythe

Looks like the cord "kink" is just begging someone to try using/adapting a small micro jack at the point of entry.

I've taken the superdrive apart once, but can't remember if there's much clearance in the back to adapt a "jack" connector solution to the cord problem.

Would be nice if the cord was "jack" removable for transporting. Maybe some day I'll take another look at this issue.

Has anyone found a protective case suitable for the air's superdrive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.