Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QT screen recording not recording audio?

Can I record audio when screen recording? Are there settings for the quality of recording, etc?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:48 PM

5 replies

Nov 10, 2011 4:45 PM in response to innergalactic

Can I record audio when screen recording?

Depends on which app you are using and what form of audio you want to record. E.g., QT X can record audio via the line in or built-in microphone option but not the system audio. On the other hand, an application like Snapz Pro X can record microphone and/or the Mac system audio.

Are there settings for the quality of recording, etc?

QT X has two quality presets from which to choose. Third-party screen capture apps may have other options. E.g., Snapz Pro X allows the user to select any of audio and/or video compression options for which the system is configured for final output.

User uploaded file

Apr 8, 2012 6:24 PM in response to innergalactic

I think it's cRaZy that it doesn't have "system audio out" as an option for recording these screen captures.

I figured I needed soundflower or use an old Mac with audio in / out jacks (to run a cable) but I thought I'd Google it and all I find is a bunch of people with the same problem (probably) using soundflower as an option (or some other software).

Very silly.

Gary

QT screen recording not recording audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.