Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store not allowing update

I bought Aperture 3 in the App Store and now it's not allowing me to upgrade. When I try, it gives me this dialog "To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

The trouble is, I am in the only account that I have, and the one I used to purchase the application.

To complicate things I did have HDD trouble and updated the HDD by putting in the new HDD, installing Snow Leopard, upgrading to 10.6.8 and then using the migration assistant to move everything over from the old HDD.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac Pro 3,1 2.8 GHz 8 core-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 8:59 PM

I saw in another thread that this problem can be solved by quiting App store, deleating Aperture (The App only) and then restarting the App Store. Instead of "Update" it will now say "Install"

Install Aperture 3 again, start it up and it will find your prevoius Library, update it and all will be corrected. So far it seems to have worked;-)

Best to back up before this procedure, just in case....

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2011 8:59 PM in response to Brian Costello1

I saw in another thread that this problem can be solved by quiting App store, deleating Aperture (The App only) and then restarting the App Store. Instead of "Update" it will now say "Install"

Install Aperture 3 again, start it up and it will find your prevoius Library, update it and all will be corrected. So far it seems to have worked;-)

Best to back up before this procedure, just in case....

App store not allowing update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.