Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning a DVD from FCPX

My workflow is as follows:

1. Shoot in Sony AVCHD 1920x1080 | 29.97 fps

2. Import as is to FCPX letting FCPX create the project properties according to the first clip

3. Edit and create project.

4. Export as ProRes 422

5. Burn with iDVD to a PAL DVD 16:9

My result is an acceptable DVD. My only issue is with pans and fast zooms there remains a "choppiness" in the videos when played on DVD player and computer alike. This choppiness is not present on the exported ProRes 422 file, nor is it present on a Vimeo export that I did. Only on the DVD wherever it is played.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 2:18 AM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2011 5:48 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Not really, the common denominator in all this is FCPX.

It is not necessary that I use iDVD to create a "sound" DVD.

But I solely use FCPX. This may alos involve Compressor, or Toast, or some other software that I may need.

(Or possibly settings within FCPX are the problem - so I beg to differ.)

Respectfully,

Bill

Nov 11, 2011 6:09 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

OK, but possibly a different output, rather than ProRess 422, would create a better result. - But this here is not the point - the point is a solution to creating a DVD that is not choppy. Choppy is not combing, but some cominbation of a stutter or a skip. Not sure which one it is.

I dont think there are missing frames though. So it seems more like a stutter (mind you there is no reversing - if stuttering entails reversing of any sort)

Burning a DVD from FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.