Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My preferences are set to 'show informational overlay' but when I scroll through events I do not see the date as I'm supposed to. I only see the date underneath the event. What am i doing wrong?

I so not see the date as I scroll through my events and I have my preferences set to 'show informational overlay'. They only date I see is below the event. What am I doing wrong?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 7:27 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2011 11:23 AM in response to acnad

Make a temporary, backup copy (if you don't already have a backup copy) of the library and try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

OT

My preferences are set to 'show informational overlay' but when I scroll through events I do not see the date as I'm supposed to. I only see the date underneath the event. What am i doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.