Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb Publishing Help..FTP Error?

I've been working on a site for the latter portion of 9 months. Finished it last night, went to publish to Yahoo's webhosting space and well...yeah, FTP connection error. I don't know what to do quite honestly. I published to a local folder and the site published, but the actual layout of the site is askewed and wrong.

You can view the site here www.rlmprosthetics.com

HELP!

I need to be done with this project yesterday.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 9:09 AM

7 replies

Nov 12, 2011 1:22 AM in response to jaimefromchicago

This is really a hosting problem to do with Yahoo and not an iWeb problem.

As far as I am aware, a few people on these forums have had problems using Yahoo hosting.

If you are getting a server error with the iWeb ftp, then I would suggest that you publish your site to a local folder and then upload to Yahoo using Cyberduck instead and see if this works.

Other than that, you would need to contact Yahoo technical support as an error in server connection is a hosting problem and not an iWeb problem.

Nov 12, 2011 8:17 AM in response to jaimefromchicago

It looks like you have issues both in iWeb and on the server.

In iWeb there are some layout problems.

Are you working with the layout turned on - Shift/Command/L ?

Also, do a Command A to show all and make sure there are no objects/text boxes overlapping links.

Your order form download should be a PDF rather than .xls.

The Safari Activity window shows that there are quite a number of images not uploaded to the server - apart from the obvius ones.

Nov 12, 2011 11:05 AM in response to jaimefromchicago

There are NO text boxes overlapping links. The Layout is viewable, everything is on the page.

The error message is "There was an error communicating with the FTP server. Try again later, or check with your service provider."

By the by, again, I published this site to a local folder and the main page published perfectly, the others reflects what you see when you go to them online.

This is so frustrating.

Jul 11, 2012 5:47 PM in response to Giraff

Well, some people may see this as a bug but I would see it as a feature to stop publishing files with bad file names since commercial servers are not as forgiving in this respect as MobileMe was.

This is usually caused by badly named photo files since people tend to leave spaces and put apostrophes etc in them. If you upload these files, they may cause problems on the published website and you can have missing images for no apparent reason.

To say that you need to download and purchase SEO Tool is nonsense. Any FTP app will upload them but why would you if you want the convenience of using the iWeb FTP and the filenames should be fixed in the first place?

iWeb Publishing Help..FTP Error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.