I have a pretty disturbing situation since this morning (11th Nov 11)... I received my new iPhone 4S on Tuesday (8th of November) and everything worked just fine. Well I had some troubles on the iPhone entering my PIN, it was blocking on "Unlocking...", but I managed to get through this after a restart.
Well then came yesterday evening with the 5.0.1 update, which one I installed successfully.
Then this morning when I woke up, the horror began: I had no network "No Signal". I was pretty surprised. I went to work and still had no network, instead my battery droped by 13% because it was always looking for the network. After a restart I had network again, so I thought it was solved until 5 minutes later... No network again...
So the journey began, I started surfin the internet for solution and I did pretty much anything:
- I disables the PIN -> this actually solved the problem for about 1 hour, then again the signal dropen
- I always needed to restart -> entering the PIN becomes always more difficult, it always just accepts it after 3 or 4 restarts
- I tried another SIM of another operator, it seemed working for me the 30 minutes I had it in, but I had no change to test it for an extended period.
- I returned to the store to get another SIM card... no changes to the problem, got even worse
- I completly erased my phone
- I did a restore by deleting the iswp from the day before
Well... I'm going to return the phone tomorrow, unfortunately they will send it back to Apple and this can take up to 2 month to get it back... -.-
Does any one has any more suggestions? Or does anyone know if a Care Protection Plan will speed up the process?