Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connection doctor details

I had problems with mail, but it is ok now, but the detail menu for connection doctor has a lot of information. Is this normal? Before, this menu page was empty (blank). I am using mac mail on MacBook Pro. I just want to make sure it is ok to have lists of stuff I don't understand there before I go on to use computer, since I did loose all my inbox mail for no one knows why. I am connected to internet now and new incoming and outgoing mail is working ok. Thank you for any help.

Arudi

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 1:56 PM

I presume you are looking at the detaild log when you click check again. I believe what you are seeing is normal. Look at some of the messages. Are there any overt errors? Probably not if your mail is working, and since it is, don't worry about it.

2 replies

Nov 12, 2011 12:52 PM in response to X423424X

X423424X,

Yes, that is the detail log I was using.

Thank you so much. I am learning through this kind of helpful information just as much as the books I have bought. The computer is so much fun, except when I run into a stump. All those messages have today's date on them (Nov 12) and

[kCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNegotiatedSSL] --

then email info. It jumps around every once in a while (activity, I guess).

Thanks again, mail is fine, no errors that I see, so I am happy and will not worry about it.

Arudi

connection doctor details

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.