Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop spam emails from Apple?

I set up a .me account on iCloud (this is a separate account with a different Apple ID); I've only used it for one day and then decided to ignore it. Out of curiosity, I checked it now and found several spam emails from Apple (Apple News) and iTunes. I've checked all the prefs, options, etc, and cannot find an option anywhere to opt out of receiving anything. For the time being, I've set up rules to move them to trash, but that is not a permanent solution - they should not even clog my trash.

There has to be a setting somewhere - guidance appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), i3 12 GB RAM | 10.7.2

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 1:30 AM

Babowa...

Click here > Unsubscribe from Apple email subscriptions

2 replies

Nov 12, 2011 8:33 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank you Carolyn,

hopefully that will actually work (time will tell). It should be a bit more obvious than that though; it used to be an option one could decline while setting up a new computer (and I've always declined), so now it is being done covertly apparently. During the process of creating a new email address, I was not asked nor did I give my consent to receive spam - too Facebook like.

How do I stop spam emails from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.