Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The sounds for my notifications don't work ipad2 after ios5 update?

I have the ipad2 and After ios5 and ios5.0.1 update my notification sounds won't work. I checked in options and they are on and I can listen to the sound effects there but they do not work on there own when they are supposed to,like sending email,emails coming in, open, closing, typing sounds, messages coming in, all of them. They all worked perfectly before the update. I can't find anything about this anywhere, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have also reset and restored iPad and still happens.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 1:13 AM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2011 1:26 AM in response to Dougfromwmichigan

The only reason I can think of is that the side of your iPad above the volume key is on mute and you simply need to slide it up to unmute it cause even if you have it on mute when when you go into the setting and play the sound it will play, but when you get a notification it wont, but if that key above the volume key is set to rotation lock you need to go in to the Settings>General and click "Mute" instead of "Rotation Lock"

Hope this helped sorry if thats not the problem thats all I could think of!

The sounds for my notifications don't work ipad2 after ios5 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.