Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KILL THE Sign in to Game Center notification

I have game center disabled. Notifications off. Restrictions > muliplayer games and add friend are both off. Yet EVERYTIME I open a game app to play I have to hit 2 pop ups. First one says "sign into game center", the second one says game center disabled. WHY??? Not everyone plays online. Is there a way to stop the messages?

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 12:30 PM

9 replies

Sep 17, 2012 7:21 AM in response to TechFrenzy

You can COMPLETELY disable Game Center prompts and greetings, and still enjoy Game Center-enabled games.

1) If you have signed up for Game Center and now wish to opt out, launch Game Center. Click on your account name, and select "Sign Out" from the pop-up.

2) Launch "Settings" and select "Notifications." Under "In Notification Center" find and select Game Center.

3) Turn all the sliders to "OFF," and set "Alert Style" to "None."

That's it. You will have no more annoying alerts telling you you're not signed in to Game Center, and urging you to sign up. You will have no more annoying "Welcome back" greetings every time you play a Game Center game.

Dec 22, 2012 7:05 AM in response to H S Rollans

Do "all sliders" include "Notification Center" or does this need to be on for the setting changes to apply.

It seems like I have had to do this a half-dozen times. I had to do it again last night when I just wanted to play a game until I fell asleep. It keeps re-enabling itself and signing back in using my Apple ID. I suppose it's my fault for accidentally signing up for Game Center before I knew what that entailed.

Dear Apple,

You have officially made the list of companies that I will never buy another product from. When I have a bad experience with a company's product, the company does not provide a solution, and there are many other viable alternatives, I stop buying products from that company, forever, unless that company makes a serious effort to change there bad ways. Just ask GM.

Not everybody wants to do Social Networking and even fewer want it forced on them. I can only guess that you keep re-enabling Game Center because you think one day that I will just get tired of disabling it and give up. That is not going to happen. I understand your wanting to get your own Social Networking system going but this is not the way to do it. Good luck. As soon as I need a new smartphone or tablet, I am going with another company's products.

Sincerely,

Ron

KILL THE Sign in to Game Center notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.