Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to reconnect media when I use a notebook mackbook pro when I travel.

I am using FCP studio 2 using Mac OSX. and Used a LaCie RAID to store my video.

I use a back up Tobshia hard drive that I would like to use when I travel with my MacBook Pro. But it seems that

I have to reconnect the media even though I did not change any files or folders.

This did not happen when I used a Licea external hard drive, only when I transferred to the Tobshia.

Maybe it worked before, when the external and internal RAID hard drives were both LaCie?

How do I use my external hard drive of any make, plug it into my MacBook Pro equipped with FCP Studio 2, and not have to reconnect meida?

THANKS!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 2:38 PM

8 replies

Nov 17, 2011 8:28 PM in response to LawrenceFerr01

The path that Final Cut is expecting to find the media files must be identical. If your external drive on your desktop is named "Fred" and the files are in a folder named "Project One" then the external that is connecting to your laptop that you transferred the files to also needs to be named "Fred" and the files also need to be in a folder named "Project One".

MtD

Nov 18, 2011 10:41 AM in response to LawrenceFerr01

Are you asking how to rename drives and folders? If so, I'd really suggest you do some basic reading on the mac OS. If you click on the name of a file, folder or drive in the finder and then click again (not too quickly), you'll be allowed to rename. You can also select the file, folder or drive and hit command-i which loads the info window. Renaming is pretty intuitive there.

I need to reconnect media when I use a notebook mackbook pro when I travel.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.