Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5.0.1 Notification Center not actually turned off, draining battery

Before iOS 5 upgrade, I deleted Trapster after use, and I would not receive any more alert.

After iOS 5 upgrade, I experienced crazy battery drainage. I turned off the diagnosis and usage, and chose Do Not Send. Not helpful to save battery life.

After iOS 5.0.1 upgrade, battery drainage has been varied between 8% to 15% per hour, even worse!

I found a few problems:

1. After using Trapster, and deleted it from memory, while the notification was set as OFF, though alert was set to Banner in the Notification Center, the Alerts still appear when Locked on. I changed the Alert from Banner to None, but without reset the iPhone, later in the day, Trapster still gave me a few banners alert, though it was not in the memory.

2. Sometimes my iPhone 4S has hot rim while no app in memory and in sleep mode, charging or non-charging. I ran System Activity Monitor app and found that 45%-65% CPU resources are being used. For no intervention at all, it will drop back to 2% to 5% after a few minutes and the battery dropped 5%- 15% within that period.

3. After taking photos with the Camera while Options HDR is ON, even though the Camera app was deleted, the iPhone 4S remains hot or even getting hotter. (Sometimes I could get the same result when tests were repeated but not always.)

I have 10 apps set ON at Notification Center, but Trapster is one of the 37 apps Not in Notification Center.

I am thinking that the Location Services (as in Camera) and Notification Center are not actually able to turn off, even though you may have actually turned them off.

I have 2 iPhone 4S. This is about the one upgraded from iPhone 3GS.

Another iPhone 4S, which upgraded from iPod 2G, has no battery drainage problem from day one.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 11:33 PM

There are no replies.

iOS 5.0.1 Notification Center not actually turned off, draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.