Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On each start up iPhoto creates 2 recovered photos folders with nothing in them

Every time i open the program it asks - would i "like to import 21 photos that have not been imported?", regardless of wether I click yes or no, it creates an empty "recovered photos" folder and tells me where it is located. I have to go through these commands each time I open iphoto. any fixes? there are no cards, cameras, or usb sticks connected.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 2:02 AM

3 replies

Nov 13, 2011 2:48 AM in response to hansfromwellies

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called 'Import' or 'Importing'.

Drag it to the Desktop. *Make no other changes*.

Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If it does then look inside that folder on your desktop. Does it contain anything you want? If not you can trash the folder.

Mar 23, 2014 3:14 PM in response to Yer_Man

Hi, i have the same issue. I have followed your instructions and iPhoto will now open without creating the two recovered photo's folders.

But when i open the " import " folder now on my desktop it has three folders in it, Data, Modified and Originals.

They have hundreds of folders, pretty much my whole photo collection and of course as soon as i place this folder back into package contents the problem reoccurs.

I have attached a screenshot of the iPhoto Library folder or " package contents "

Any advice on how to proceed would be gratefully received.User uploaded file

On each start up iPhoto creates 2 recovered photos folders with nothing in them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.