Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enrol two iPhone 4S our of 30

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with Profile Manager. For some reason, when I try to enroll two iPhone 4S devices, they show up as 'New Device' in Profile Manager, and the initial push for user and group profiles fail.

I've successfully enrolled 30 devices with this server, and continue to successfully enroll after the two failed devices.

I'm not getting any errors. Anyone else experiencing/experienced this?

Chris

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 9:30 AM

4 replies

Dec 25, 2011 6:01 AM in response to Chris Marriott

same problem here, one device is still shown as a new device.....

I have already reset the device as a new, restore resettings, rebooting server...

The log-File still shows:

[CertsRequestHandler(HelperAdditions) commonNameForCertificate:]: SecCertificateCopyCommonName() failed: -25304

Dec 25 14:49:56: --- last message repeated 3 times ---

any hints?

best regards Uwe

Nov 26, 2012 3:54 PM in response to Chris Marriott

Have the new devices that have problems had a sim card from an old device that was prevously enrolled installed

I've heard problems effecting enrollments with a sim card swap or device upgrade

the only fix was to manually remove the simcard details from postgres, removing the old device from PM

didn't remove the simcard records, not sure if this was fixed or not in 10.7.5

Can't enrol two iPhone 4S our of 30

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.