Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s Distinctive lag on home button-wake up

Hi so I've got an iPhone 4s recently. This is my second iPhone 4s and I have plenty of apple products (Macbook, iphone 3g, 3gs, ipod touch first gen, second gen) . I've exchanged my first iPhone 4s because of a few bugs on it. I.E. Heating up randomly, home button lags upon waking up, loss of signal randomly when compared to another iPhone 4s in the same area which has service. So upon getting my second iPhone 4s it still has the same distinctive lag. I know for a fact that this isn't normal for an iPhone 4s. It doesn't occur if I use my iPhone but if I let it sit for about a minute or two and then I try turning it on it lags for a good second. The "Slide to Unlock" light also begins to jump around before returning back to the original scrolling across. I've spoken to to genius bar and they have no solution for me. I was wondering if anyone is as disappointed as I am and perhaps know of a solution? The turning off of the triple click did not help me because it wasn't on to begin with. I've turned it on and turned it off and it still isn't fixed. This bug has been with me from 5.0 iOS and 5.01 iOS. I've done hard resets, reset all settings, set up as a new iphone, and restore from back up which all failed to fix this annoying bug. Any help is much appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 10:08 AM

6 replies

Nov 13, 2011 1:32 PM in response to Hizoku

i have a similar problem with my iphone4 but for me it is when i slide to the right to invoke the spotlight search screen.

when the icon screen is almost to the right it freezes and then brings up the keyboard.

for me it only happens the first times, after that is seems to cache the screen and it is smooth again.

i also note that when you unlock the screen and there is someting going on(like notifications or ehchange email) then it also freezes.

my colleques have the same phones with the same setting and do not have the probelm.

Nov 13, 2011 3:11 PM in response to Hizoku

When apps or the phone appears sluggish it may be a sign that you are low on RAM. Do you have a lot of apps that you use on a regular basis? If you remove them from the most recently used app tray (tap the home button twice) it should free up some memory. This usually fixes any lag issues. Perhaps this may be of some help.

Nov 13, 2011 3:57 PM in response to rs1n

Yes I've cleared my apps multiple times to no avail. My dock is kept empty because I have OCD about it. Iphone 4s is still lagging upon unlocking. I've also systematically deleted and reinstalled all my apps one at a time to see if it's an apps fault and I can't find any issues with my apps. They're also up to date as well.

Nov 17, 2011 1:45 AM in response to Hizoku

I have the same problem as you GravityZ. When I turn on the device and go to spotlight it freezes for a second and then the keyboard pops up without transition. The only difference is that my phone is an Iphone 4S and it should be supposed to be faster right?

I've been removing some apps in use and it seemed to improve a bit but still, do I need to erase manually apps for a good and smooth user experience on a brand-new-dual-core-super-fast-whatever device??!

Nov 17, 2011 7:46 AM in response to icasasl

@icassasl

i did not have the problem on my iphone3gs so apparently it has nothing to do with how fast a device is.

i however switched from 3gs to 4 and restored a backup.

may there is something wrong with this.

did you have this problem out of the box or did you also do restore from a previous backup.

i hooked up my 4

told itunes to use it as a current evice and did a restore from the 3gs backup

after that i got an upgradee to upgrade the os (my 3gs was allready on ios5)

after this everything was the same.

maybe i should try again a restore but first do a total reset to erase the phone so it starts fresh with ios5.0.1

then again the problem might still be in the back.

iPhone 4s Distinctive lag on home button-wake up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.