Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto and MobileMe gallery

Since switching from MobileMe to iCloud I am unable to add a new album to my MobileMe gallery. If I do add a new album it is removed almost immediately.

I am also unable to 'share' it from MobileMe gallery before it is removed automatically almost immediately it is put on.

Could anybody explain why and how to fix this problem.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 10:36 AM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2011 3:37 AM in response to cymdent

I have exactly the same problem on 10.7.2 and iPhoto 9.2.1 ond just "upgraded" to iCloud after 10 yrs with .mac/mobileme. Older galleries are still available, but when I add a new album it uploads (and for a brief moment gets visible om gallery.me.com) but soon after it updates again and removes all the images and the album itself.

Very annoying. I just became father and like to share her with friends and family and let them contribute with their pictures, which mobileme used to be excellent for. Any alternatives? Deleting some prefs? Fixing Permissions?

I'll get back if I find a solution.

Nov 28, 2011 6:51 AM in response to cymdent

I would like to add to this thread. Same problems with updating to the iPhoto 11 and the "cloud". The photo's taken on my iPhone are displaying in my "Photo Stream", I add the photo's I want from the Photo stream to my iPhoto library stored locally, and then publish the album to mobile me.

Problem is, as soon as the seldected photo's are published to mobile me I go to the "web" pane on iPhoto in order to send an email to my friends that a new album is posted. As soon as I select "web" on the right hand selection pane in iPhoto 11, I receive the following:

User uploaded file

iPhoto displays "The published album has been removed from Mobile me".

The album is saved from photo stream to my iPhoto album, but the selected photo's will not publish to mobile me. This is a problem with apples new Lion OS and iPhoto 11. One more example of how Apple has rolled out new products that are not ready. I moved from PC to Mac 10 years ago because of this same problem with PC software, now Apple has lost its way and is putting new software on the market that just doesn't work and I suspect the OS will become irrelevant agian if the company doesn't focus on what drew customers to their platform. So disappointed with Apple again...its becoming very common.

Nov 29, 2011 6:23 AM in response to randyDS

I just chatted with MobileMe support and I was told that they only way to publish to MobileMe Gallery was:

1) from the web interface me.com/gallery (very cumbersome! )

2) logging out of icloud and then publishing ('cause iCloud is NOW syncing with iPhoto)

I guess it's time to find another location to share photos, since I can't even browse the photo stream online.

I was dissappointed that this was not clear in any documentation I have read.

Dec 4, 2011 10:38 AM in response to cymdent

Here's my experience today (Sunday Dec. 4):

When I logged on to Me.com and went to my Gallery and into an album, all the photos disappeared.

When I simply went to gallery.me.com/myname my Gallery, Albums, Photos were there.

When I opened the Gallery app on my iPhone, first the albums disappeared and then it crashed.

My understanding that our MobileMe features would continue to be fully functional through June 2012 - not only was that what Apple said, I'm even paid up through June 2012.

I am still FURIOUS that Apple is removing Gallery - it could be so easy to migrate it into iCloud as an extra paid feature. That would have been a win-win for all of us including Apple.

Dec 6, 2011 10:29 AM in response to cymdent

I get the same problem.

This is yet another bug in Apple's software. I publish a new album, and then without explanation or input from me, I get the same message. The album has been removed. I am on 10.6.8

Apple has lost the plot. I spend so much of my time now working on correcting flawed hardware and software from Apple.

iPhoto and MobileMe gallery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.