Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air (mid 2011) Boot Camp Windows Support Software HELP!

Hey all,

I only recently got my mid 2011 Macbook Air 13" and have had no problems thus far. However, today I tried using Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 7 onto my machine and there appears to be a problem in downloading the "Windows Support Software" (i.e. drivers). It only reaches ~20% and stops there. I've tried DL links that have been around these forums and none of them seem to work (as they are dated to be early 2011 drivers, not mid 2011). Where might I directly download these drivers in a "BootCampESD.pkg like" file? Does anyone have a link? If not, how might I get Boot Camp Assistant to actually download the drivers?

NOTE: I have Windows 7 installed and my flash drive has been formatted to MS-DOS (FAT32) so everything is fine except for the friggin' download. I'm also using Boot Camp 4.0.1 since I'm on Lion...

I greatly appreciate any and all help!

David

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 12:57 PM

11 replies

Nov 14, 2011 4:37 AM in response to dlim1027

Has someone tried to install Windows 7 in a Mac Air using the share disc facility? I have an iMac (running Snow Leopard) and frustratingly failed to install the Windows 7 in the partition I need to have on the Air running Lion but as per my previous post, the USB did not do the job.

I'd be most grateful if you could help.

Thanks in advance

Macbook Air (mid 2011) Boot Camp Windows Support Software HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.