Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Multiple Accounts ATV2 only connects to one account

I have three logins, three different iTunes libraries on one iMac. In Snow Leopard, ATV2 connected all these different libraries no problem. Since the Lion upgrade, I can only connect one iTunes library at a time regardless of if its an administration login or not. The first iTunes library to be connected is the only one that works. Home Sharing is on in all three iTunes libraries and ATV sees all the iTunes libraries but it gives the error message that iTunes (for that login) must be open and the computer should be on the same network. Help if you can.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 3:20 PM

7 replies

Dec 2, 2011 11:03 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston, sorry for the delay in responding. I have been able to have all my accounts now BUT it isn't reliable. What I did:

Restore AT2

Run Disk Utility

Reboot iMac

After that, all iTunes accounts show up. Then, after the Safari update this week with a reboot, same old problem. Redid the above, still can only use one account at a time.

Both accounts now have administrator privileges. The account that won't show up downloads my TV series automatically!

Even Time Capsule 2 acting up tonight a little. I don't know if that is the ISP or the Time Capsule.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, if you think of something else let me know. This one is a tough one.

Lion Multiple Accounts ATV2 only connects to one account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.