Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting my Korg Triton Workstation to Garagband

I recently bought a midi to USB cable in order to make music using Garageband via my Korg Triton Workstation. I've tried every possible thing I could think of to get a signal from the keyboard but to no avail. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks!!🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 12:42 AM

What "midi to USB cable" are you using? It's in fact a midi interface, and that's the device that your computer is talking to - the type of keyboard doesn't matter as long as it has a round USB out connector. And how have you wired your setup? Make sure the midi out jack of the keyboard is connected to the midi in jack of the interface.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2011 12:42 AM in response to JacindaP

What "midi to USB cable" are you using? It's in fact a midi interface, and that's the device that your computer is talking to - the type of keyboard doesn't matter as long as it has a round USB out connector. And how have you wired your setup? Make sure the midi out jack of the keyboard is connected to the midi in jack of the interface.

Nov 14, 2011 7:08 PM in response to Christoph Drösser

Hello! 🙂

thank you so much for replying! I am actually using this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Converter-Music-Keyboard-Window/dp/B0017H4EBG

For some reason, it's not detecting at all on garageband. I'm a newbie with all of this so i'm sorry ahead of time if the answer is in fact right in front of me the entire time, lol. Yes, I did the whole midi out midi in deal but it still does not work or is not detected. I have no idea what to do :/

Connecting my Korg Triton Workstation to Garagband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.