Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activated iCloud and Contacts Disappeared

I activated iCloud and it asks if i want to sync my contacts.... I'm assuming this means to have a back-up with iCloud. Sike! This action decided to delete my contacts. I logged into iCloud.com and in the contacts section - still nothing. Any suggestions on how to retrieve my contacts?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 9:55 PM

10 replies

Nov 13, 2011 10:22 PM in response to bailey.soul

Plug in your phone to the computer. Click on your device. There should be a button to Restore. You may want to sync first to ensure that no data is lost by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Back up now. Let your phone do its thing until it has rebooted. It will then ask to Set up as New Phone or Restore from Backup, you will want to select Restore from iCloud backup.

Apr 30, 2016 5:00 PM in response to jim2213

At least it was just your phone contacts. iCloud was downloaded to my Mac yesterday and wiped out my Address Book with all of my addresses, medical and financial information, and everything for 15 years worth gone.

My computer is now at a tech store having them see if they can somehow restore a contacts file off of the hard drive, but not looking good.

What is even more frustrating is seeing all of these issues that go back to 2011 with the same complaints and apparently Apple doesn't care enough to fix it.

Activated iCloud and Contacts Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.