Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New podcasts not synching to my iPhone or iPad

While the Podcasts that I had subscribed to in the past are still syncing, any new Podcast channels that I subscribe to are downloading to iTunes but do not sync to my iPad or iPhone. I have checked that:

• the tick mark to the left of the podcast title is ticked
  • if I select the device in the left hand panel and go to the Podcast Tab, the Sync Podcasts is ticked (in fact other new podcasts being downloaded from the previously subscribed channels are downloading to my devices)
  • Automatically include All unplayed espisodes of all podcasts is selected
  • the effected podcasts are still shown as unplayed

I am using iTunes for Mac version 10.5 running on OSX 10.7.2.

Macbook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 12:51 AM

7 replies

Dec 15, 2011 5:51 AM in response to jdg500

Never received any reply from anyone on this issue and it is still outstanding. I have taken some other steps and still have no solution. I went to show the problem to one of the staff at the Genius Bar in our of the Apple stores. He was unable to find the problem. I have unsubscribed to all the podcasts and resubscribed and again it was only the ones to which I was already subscribed earlier that downloaded. I have also reinstalled iTunes. I could not de-install iTunes first as the system does not allow that.

The fact that the newly subscribed to podcasts do download to my Mac but then do not sync both to the iPhone nor to the iPad would seem to indicate the problem is either a 5.0.1 problem or an iTunes problem.

I have run out of things to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 23, 2012 6:07 AM in response to jdg500

So, after escalating this issue to support and still not getting a reply, I found out the solution.

In prior versions of iTunes, all Podcasts, both audio and video Podcasts, used to synchronise with the iPhone and iPad and appear under the Podcasts section of the Music app.

Following an upgrade of iTunes (not sure which version), although all Podcasts synchronise with the iPhone and iPad, the video Podcasts do not appear in the Music app and are only available in the Videos app.

By going to the Videos app, you will find all the video Podcasts and by going to the Music app you will find all the audio Podcasts.

Issue resolved.

Apr 6, 2012 9:46 AM in response to jdg500

Thanks jdg500, but I think I have thoroughly searched every thread that was remotely related. I even adopted the workaround through Google Reader, suggested in a non-Apple forum. That still doesn't solve these two problems: (1) I can subscribe to podcasts on iTunes but not on iPhone, which only allows downloading of individual segments, and (2) iTunes will synch everything BUT podcasts with iPhone, including calendar, contacts, etc. I have reloaded iTunes, deleted and re-subscribed podcasts, checked settings, and anything else I can think of to no avail. The iPhone user guide is useless in this regard.

New podcasts not synching to my iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.