Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a mac os x server. Want to open the server preferences pane but when i click it to open it says "The server you're trying to connect to is running an advanced configuration". How do i open without upgrading the OS X. Can some one help?

I have a mac os x server running os x 10.5. Want to open the server preferences pane but when i click it to open it says "The server you're trying to connect to is running an advanced configuration". How do i open without upgrading the OS X. Can some one help?

mac os x server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 4:09 AM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2011 5:49 AM in response to ivansjm

Hi

You can't. If you purchased 10.5 Server as a separate boxed installer the booklet that comes with it explains the 3 server modes/configuration options, what they mean and what your options are. If you didn't:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Getting_Started_v10.5.pdf

Page 20.

You can't reinstall the Server OS without reformatting the Server's Drive. As always try and keep as many current and effective backups as you can and never forget the three golden rules;- DNS, DNS and DNS.

HTH?

Tony

I have a mac os x server. Want to open the server preferences pane but when i click it to open it says "The server you're trying to connect to is running an advanced configuration". How do i open without upgrading the OS X. Can some one help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.