Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant use the iphone4s in china

i cant use my iphone 4s in china. I bougnt it in London. The part no. is MD242B/A.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 7:02 AM

8 replies

Dec 14, 2011 6:44 PM in response to choco yang

Finally!!!

For the past 1 month I did a lot of testing with my 4s phone and Sim Card.

My card works just fine with other iphone 4.

Other carrier's SIM card works fine with my iphone 4s. but searching took a while.

Then, last week I bought a new 4s for my Wife, with factory software version iOS 5.0.1.

My card works just fine in her phone.

I came to conclude that it is my iPhone 4s or its software and not China Mobile connection/Sim Card.

So, I called Apple helpline, share my testing and observation over the past 1 months. The Apple Cust. Serv ( I think he is based in US though I was calling HK Apple) also confirm there is something with my phone or the software.

The Apple CS assist me to make an immediate Genius Appoinment in IFC Apple.

Check in and go thorugh the same discussion with the IFC support guy.

They replace me with a new iPhone!!!

Everything works ok now and connection/signal is solid, even stronger than 3 or smartone.

Now I can conclude that iPhone is the best phone in the World!!!!

So, I suggest you test your SIM card with other 4s phone.

I believe it was the glitch and software error in the 1st batch of 4s phone release.

Dont wait for iOS 5.0.2, just go to the APPLE shop and get it fix or replace!!!!!!!! "Delay No More"!!!!!

i cant use the iphone4s in china

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.