Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTune Match 25,000+ library

Can you pay more money to iTune Match 25,000+ library? Or can I have more than 1 iTune Match Accounts?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 11:33 AM

41 replies

Nov 14, 2011 2:38 PM in response to mostly42

mostly42 wrote:

Even if they are songs that would match they still count in your 25,000 limit. It's only songs purchased from iTunes store that don't count against the max.

Actually, this is incorrect.

The license for iTunes Match states,

"iTunes Match works with libraries that contain up to 25,000 songs which are either ℹ not currently available on the iTunes Service, or (ii) not purchased from the iTunes Service with your Account. Songs with quality less than 96 kbps or that are not authorized for your computer are not eligible for iTunes Match."

There are some issues still to be worked out so hopefully, this will get sorted.

Nov 14, 2011 3:23 PM in response to Chris CA

Where is this iTunes Match License? I don't remember ever seeing it worded that way, but I'd be really happy to be wrong. I know I don't have more than 25,000 songs, in my collection, that aren't a part of the milions in the iTunes Store. As it is right now a person can't even sign up for it with a library over 25k to see how much would match up with iTunes. Right now and all through the developer beta of it, what I said is how it was working. Not to say I'm correct or not but even if a song matched it still counted against my 25,000 max and I tested it lots of time during the developers beta. I hope these are just issues as you say and will be fixed.

Nov 15, 2011 9:39 AM in response to ChrisMc73

It sure looks to me like the matching isn't working as well as Apple anticipated. I have hundreds of tracks (out of about 6,000) that are common songs available from the iTunes store that do not match for some reason. I'm starting to suspect that they are trying to match track audio and not just track meta data. If so, that is never going to work well.

Nov 15, 2011 9:45 AM in response to Jim Bailey

If that is true, that is a terribly dumb idea. It won't work, ever. So many songs are different lenght, even by a slight second or two, etc...not sure how or what they are using to match, but it does sound like its not working well. Meta data is the only way to go...trusting what iTunes has in our libraries and using that meta data is the best way.

Nov 15, 2011 10:26 AM in response to ChrisMc73

ChrisMc73 wrote:

If that is true, that is a terribly dumb idea.

Actually, it's a terrificaly good and efficient way to identify songs,.

Meta data is the only way to go

Not a good idea at all.

What if there is no metadata or incorrect metadata? Plenty of people don't use or care about having correct/any song info.

If they used metadata, users could have a single song, change the metadata to et a new song.

Do it all by script and end up with every song in iTunes store.

Nov 15, 2011 10:35 AM in response to ChrisMc73

ChrisMc73 wrote:

… Meta data is the only way to go...trusting what iTunes has in our libraries and using that meta data is the best way.

Gotta say, the first thing I do when I download a song from the iTunes Store is tweak the meta data to match my own sorting preferences, anyway. (Why would anyone want Halloween and Christmas songs mixed in one genre named "Holiday"? That's just the most recent example that comes to mind.)

Has anyone tried creating a new, separate iTunes library with fewer than 25K songs in it, joining iTunes Match, then returning to the original, full library? What does iTunes Match do if a fully fledged subscriber exceeds the limit?

Tho' with only 5K+ songs in my own library, it really isn't my fight.

iTune Match 25,000+ library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.