Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tap fish 2

I did the latest update on my iPhone 3GS last night, all apps are fine apart from one that will no longer open!

Typically it's one I've got quite far with! Does anyone know how to rectify, if I delete and re-install it will not have saved my gameplay?

Please help

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1, App help

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 1:09 PM

Try a reset by pressing the home and sleep buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.

13 replies

Nov 20, 2011 12:32 PM in response to katiefromrayleigh

My partner and I have had the same problem, but we have found the solution:

Delete the game, go back to the App store and reinstall it.

Load the game (ignore the tutorials) and click on the pointer in the bottom right corner.

On the menu in the bottom right corner it says 'About Tap Fish 2' click on this and click 'Restore Game'

Click on your game and voila! All your fish are safe and sound!

Hope that helps!

Nov 22, 2011 4:43 PM in response to katiefromrayleigh

Well I could use some advice. I purchased a new iPhone 4s yesterday, to replace my 3yr old 3Gs. I traded in my old phone, took my new phone home and "Restored" from iTunes. This made my new iPhone just like my old one. I was very pleased. But, my Tap Fish 2 and Kingdoms at War both are having issues. My Tap Fish 2 won't start at all. My KaW doesn't recognize me and made me create a new account. I contacted "A Thinking Ape", the creators of the app, but have gotten no response. I want my Tap Fish 2 back! Halp!!!

Nov 22, 2011 4:55 PM in response to Schizznickel

The above comment fixed my problem with tap fish! The people from tap fish replied and said the same thing, delete the app from your phone and re-install it again. Then when you reload everything will have dissapeared click on the arrow and then help and there should be restore game! Worked for me? Can't help with the other app though, sorry and good luck

Nov 23, 2011 7:43 AM in response to Schizznickel

the email i got from Gameview studio's said:

if the problem still persists send them your UDID

1. Connect one device to your computer and start Itunes.

2. Click the device from the left column. This step will take you to a new page that has a summary of your device information.

3. Click on the serial number. This will toggle to "identifier (udid)"

4. Copy this UDID.

csr@gameviewstudios.zendesk.com

I couldnt get this way to work but, you can only try.

My only saving grace was i had bought 30 day food bricks so all my fish were still alive 🙂

Dec 19, 2011 6:06 AM in response to Schizznickel

I've recently upgrated my 3GS to 4S on 15 Dec 2011, my Tapfish 2 game in my old device would not work in my new 4S. I've followed the email reply from csr@gameviewstudios.zendesk.com and sent them my UDIDs ( both old and new devices) since 16 Dec 2011, still no luck getting the data in my 4S.

My fish are dying, I really need to get back to my previous game DL14082011.

Any advice please....help help help 😐😟

Jan 24, 2012 8:26 AM in response to katiefromrayleigh

We had same issue w/tapfish 2, after an update it all of a sudden would not open or load (all our other aps were working fine). We tried reset but that didn't work. So we crossed our fingers, deleted the ap, reinstalled, skipped tutorial, clicked the arrow & did the "restore game" and we got our game back, hooray! We just had to revive all our poor little floating fish! Thank you so much for posting the info on how to fix, its one of our favorite games, we were worried we'd lost all our fish (and our fishbucks!)

Tap fish 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.