Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Way To Add TV Shows to iTunes Library Without Copying to iTunes Folder?

Basically, I love that iTunes keeps your media organized for you (renaming/tagging mp3s, organizing TV Shows and Movies, etc.) but I'd like to be able to add some things to iTunes that are held in another folder. For example, I have the complete series of It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia ripped onto my hard drive in my ~/Desktop/Me/Media/TV Shows/Always Sunny/ folder, and I'd like to be able to add those episodes to iTunes so that I can access them through iTunes if I wish and sync them with my iPod. However, if I try to put these videos in iTunes, they are copied to the iTunes folder: ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/TV Shows (Actually, to /Movies first until I retag them in iTunes). However, if I turn off the "keep media organized" option, none of my other media will be properly filed. How can I make a sort of exception for certain files so that they do not get copied to the iTunes folder and yet the rest of my media is still copied/maintained though iTunes?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 4:28 PM

There are no replies.

Any Way To Add TV Shows to iTunes Library Without Copying to iTunes Folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.