Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one drag a song to a new album?

How does one drag a song from one album and drop it into another album?

Many of the mp3 files that I use are ones that I create myself for my students. It would be great if I could drag them into the correct album without having to type in the information (very tedious).

I am new to Mac from Windows and I can't discern how to accomplish re-assigning albums in the manner that I was able to previously using Windows Media Player.

Any suggestions or perhaps different workflow suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 6:25 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2011 6:44 PM in response to kvg_post

I don't know of any way to do it other than to change the tag data by hand. It's a bit of an unusual thing to want to do since usually a track is in an album or not. If you find yourself doing this a lot you might want to consider making a few playlist albums where you can sort them by play order and not have to change any data. Don't overdo it in terms of number of playlists.

Nov 14, 2011 7:06 PM in response to Limnos

I'm a high school music teacher and a lot of the tracks are student-created (or instructor-created). It has always been easier for me to leave the mp3 tag "unknown" and then drag them to the appropriate album in Windows Media Player.

I actually took something from your reply that I think will work well. By adding newly created files to a playlist, I could select them and then edit the tag data every few days by selecting all of the items in the playlist (I think that will work!).

How does one drag a song to a new album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.