Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Hot folder not importing after first picture?

I'm shooting a Leica X1 with aa Eye-Fi Pro card- I've set up everything correctly including the latest aperture Hot Folder. It worked fine a few times.

Now it's not importaing anything after the first JPG (and I'm shooting JPG+DNG Pairs). Someone else in the community had the EXACT same problem but just said they "solved" it without explanation.

Eye-Fi imports it into the folder, but the Hot Folder script doesn't automatically move it into Aperture. I've tried quitting and restarting both apps, and even reinstalling the hot folder app.

First, you've got to be kidding me that we are using such a rinky-**** script. If I paid $99 for a **** card that's only feature over the lesser model is that it works with RAW, why do they not integrate into Aperture natively? Why do they think that only iPhoto integration is enough? Who is using iPhoto with RAW files (I'm sure there are some but come on the majority will be using Aperture). Plus this script doesn't save information as basic as which folder is the hot folder or which Aperture project I want it going into. So every time I start up my computer I have to go through thr 5 or 6 step process of re-linking. COME ON.

Second, how do I fix the fact that it's NOT working? Right now I've got several pics in the hot folder and it's not importing them. Thanks.

13'' Unibody MacBook Pro 1st gen, Mac OS X (10.7), 256 SSD, 4GB, 24'' CD, 1TB TC, 3G, M Stand, Pio SE-A1000's

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 7:17 PM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2011 7:59 PM in response to ChiILArmand

It would appear that the majority of this post (the complaining parts) should be directed to the Eye-Fi people. None of this has anything to do with Aperture. Why they have never actually intergrated with Aperture is something you have to ask them.

As for the hot folder script, that script has been around since at least 2006 without change. It is possible that it might have problems wiht Lion as there have been some changes regarding scripting with Lion. The script, while a nice bit of AppleScripting was never a comercial product. It does what it does. Again your complaint about the workings of the script should be directed at the Eye-Fi folk as they recommend using it to use their card with Aperture.

One thing you can check is to make sure the script is attached to the folder you are importing the images into.

regards

Aperture Hot folder not importing after first picture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.