Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 (iOS 5) Bluetooth issue with Renault Multifunctional Tunepoint stereo

I have two issues with my iPhone since upgrading to iOS 5.

1. The stereo in my Renault Megane Sport Tourer also has Carminat TomTom built in. When streaming music via BT through the stereo, following a Navigation Interuption by the Sat Nav, there is a 10 second delay before the music begins to play again. Priot to iOS 5, the music continued almost instantaniously.

2. It is not possible to browse the music library on my phone via the car stereo controls. It seems to think that the track information is not available (i,e, the ID3 Tags do not seem to be present when connected by BT).

Is anybody else having these problems with iOS 5?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 3:52 AM

15 replies

Feb 8, 2012 11:33 AM in response to Mark1705

Please Apple help us, with IOS 4 all ok, with IOS 5 and Renault Clio with Carminat Stereo Bluetooth we can't use well music streaming. Is impossible to return to the previous song. When we put in pause and turn off pause the stremaing don't start immediatly but over ten seconds.

All these problems in IOS 5.

The firmware of the stereo is the lastest version downloadable in renault website.

HELP US!!!!

Edoardo

Feb 23, 2012 6:58 AM in response to Mark1705

I have the same issue on a Renault Megane. My radio has firmware version 88.11 which Renault state is compatible with iOS5, but blatantly isn't. I spoke to Apple and they said that the issue is not with them but with Renault. All Apple have done is update the Bluetooth standard to V4.0 in iOS5 and that the Renault firmware can't handle the new standard even though it should be backward compatible.

I have reported all this through Renault customer services who stated that the problem has not been reported by anyone else and that my case is unique. I suggest as many people as possible report this to Renault, although I suspect they are not interested in listening because surely I am not the only one to contact them.

Feb 24, 2012 5:08 AM in response to Mark1705

I have the same problem, I complained to Renault back in November when IOS5 first came out and they have contacted me fortnightly since then to inform me there is no fix available yet. I suggest as many as people as possible complian as the problem may be dealt with quicker. I was also told I would receive some sort of compensation due to the fact I've payed for a service that I have not received.

I heard ford had the same issues but a new firmware was released the same week to counteract the issue. This is unacceptable on renaults behalf.

Get complaining!!!

Feb 28, 2012 4:42 AM in response to Mark1705

Renault UK Customer services is so regimented that if you do raise the issue with them they will want you to leave your car and phone with the dealership so they can do an investigation, this is what is happening with myself. This allows them to then create a report that can be passed on to their technical teams. Apparantly the technical team will only get involved after this point.

The frustrating thing is that you only have to walk in to any of their showrooms with an iPhone 4 with iOS5 and you will be able to demonstrate the problem on any Renault Bluetooth audio enabled vehicle. I don't believe whatsoever that technical are not aware of this and my own suspicion is that its possible a hardware issue. Releasing a new build of firmware as Ford, Mercedes etc have done is a relatively simple process. I suspect that the new V4.0 Bluetooth stack contained within iOS5 will not build on their hardware and so the only solution would be to supply new radio units to everyone which they are unlikely to do due to the cost.

I don't have the fight left in me to pursue this, hopefully someone else with more time will continue the fight.

Mar 19, 2012 4:04 AM in response to riccintosh

Hi riccintosh,

Can you just claify that your problem is now fixed as i have updated to 5.1 and there is still a lag when skipping tracks. I'm on an iphone 4s and it's a clio dynamique tomtom.

By the way, I was contacted by Renault the other day who informed me they had carried out a thorough investigation and have now concluded it's apples fault. But as a good will gesture have given me vouchers for £155 which should cover my next service.

Mar 22, 2012 11:40 AM in response to Gstub

I've a 4S running 5.1 and experience the track delay issue. My head unit also loses track title when moving from one track to the next. i.e Track 1 will finish, move to track 2 but head unit will still show track 1 title.

I've purchased an old iPod Touch running 4.2.1 and this has no track delay issue but doesn't show the song title, just "audio track".

One problem cured but now have another. I believe the ID3 was fixed in iOS5 but I'm reluctant to upgrade if i get the track delay issue back.

Mar 26, 2012 7:57 AM in response to Gstub

I have a Clio Dynamique TomTom including the uprated Bluetooth stereo and I'm pairing it up with an iPhone 4S via bluetooth.

Before iOS 5.1, I could skip foward but expected a delay of about 5 seconds, though if I left the track playing for a while it'd sometimes skip forwward instantly but the delay meant that it was practically impossible to skip backwards at any point. Also, if the sat nav cut in with the voiceover or alerted me about speed cameras, it'd be a good 5+ seconds before the audio started to resume. I also had no access to track information, so it'd just rad 'Audo track' or words to that effect.

Prior to iOS 5.1, skipping forward is pretty much the same, though form time to time if I'm lucky I can skip backwards if it's in a good mood, but again it's a challenge to say the least. Now the two things I have noticed are that track information displays now at the bottom of the TomTom screen, or at least I get the track title, but it's somewhat delayed. Unless I try poking around it'll stick with a track I played about 3 or 4 tracks ago. I'd say one welcome update since iOS 5.1 is that pausing/resuming is instant every time I've tried it. I've since disabled voiceover with the TomTom because it does my head in, but the speed camera alerts cut in as expected and the audo resumes pretty much straight away afterwards.

I was on the Apple Developer connection site when iOS 5 was in beta release and ever since I upgraded from iOS 4 I've had this problem. I've also had an open bug report (#10058939) with Apple since 1st September 2011, with attached logs etc. I've had no replies to this report, however I will continue to update it with my findings as I go along. I had previously had a report open whereby they did respond about the issue, however I was unable to get the logs to them in time before the ticket was closed, though they did mention to me something along the lines of them working with Renault in an attempt to resolve the problem.

I tried my phone in a Skoda Yeti a few months back with iOS 5 and it worked perfectly so I assume it's some kind of incompatability with the Renault stereo systems.

Jun 27, 2012 8:52 AM in response to Phatzerer

Same issue with Megane Dynamique Tom Tom. I'm using an iPad 2 to listen to music. Same behavior as you're seeing i.e. 5 sec delay in moving track (sometimes i find if the song has been playing for 30 secs or so then track move is instant), ID3 is hit and miss, will usually display something for one of the first few songs then keeps the same info displayed for the next couple of songs. I have a blackberry 9900 paired at the same time for phone and it works fine for calls. Interestingly if I select AUX source and choose the blackberry, the music I have works perfectly, ID3 display, next/previous, etc. Would suggest there's something not 100% between Renault and Apple. I'm in Apple developer program too, will check out your bug id.

iPhone 4 (iOS 5) Bluetooth issue with Renault Multifunctional Tunepoint stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.