Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes library > 25,000 songs... what to do?

My iTunes library has more than 25,000 songs. When trying to sign up for iTunes match, I get an error message indicating that I cannot sign up for this service as my library exceeds 25K songs -- what to do?

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 4:47 AM

9 replies

Dec 29, 2011 7:40 AM in response to Noble Seven

One additional tactic that's not made clear in the article: the second library approach works pretty well, but "dragging and dropping" files between libraries is not always the most efficient way to build the new "iTunes Match" library.

If you are like me, you have your content you actually care about organized into playlists. If that's true for you, just do the following:

1) As referenced in the article, make sure that "Copy files to iTunes Media Folder" is unchecked (in Windows in iTunes, Edit/Preferences/Advanced)

2) Export the playlists from your old library (in Windows, right-click on the playlist and select Export)

3) Copy the playlist files from the old library into the new library

4) Import the playlists into your new "iTunes Match" library (in Windows in iTunes, File/Library/Import Playlist)

Now complete the iTunes Match activation steps in the article.

iTunes library > 25,000 songs... what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.