Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot remove music from my iPhone?

Okay so this is getting a little bit ridiculous.

I've been trying for an hour or so to remove ALL my music from my iPhone 4S, but to no avail. I've tried unchecking everything in my iTunes library and syncing, deleting my music library and syncing, "manually managing" my itunes library then checking nothing and syncing", pretty much everything I can think of.

I am aware that I can manually remove songs one at a time from the phone itself by swiping, but I'm not really prepared to do that to 1,500 songs.

Is there anything I'm missing? It occurs to me that it should not be this hard to simply wipe all music from my device. I'm not usually inept when it comes to technology so this is really driving me up the wall. Anyone have any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 4:48 AM

Extremely easy:

settings/general/usage/storage/music

Swipe accross the all music tab and you will see a delete button appear. Hit that and all music will be deleted at once.

5 replies

Nov 15, 2011 5:00 AM in response to Serious Satire

It should remove the music once you click on your phone in the left pane and go to the music tab at the top of the iTunes screen. I have tried this myself just now with my iPhone 4S. Once I deselected sync all music, the capacity bar at the bottom changed to show no music. If I had selected sync, all my music would have been removed from my phone.

Since you removed the music from directly from the phone and not iTunes, once you connect to iTunes and sync, the same music will be synced back onto the phone.

Try playing with the settings and see what you come up with. Also, try closing iTunes and restart your computer amd see if this fixes things.

Cannot remove music from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.