Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a DVD from existing M2V and AC3 files?

I have previously used Compressor 4 to render a M2V file and an AC3 file from which I burned a DVD 'job'. Now, a week later, I wish to go back and burn another DVD from these files, (without rendering them again). How do I use these EXISTING files to create another DVD (using Compressor 4)?

Thanks,
Geoff

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 5:16 AM

13 replies

Nov 15, 2011 12:46 PM in response to gmrsamson

If you anticipate that you may need multiple disks, the way to do it is to select Hard Drive as your output device/ That makes a disk image, from which you can burn multiple copies.

WIth the separate files already created, you could bring them into an authoring program like Toast. But if you want to re-use them in Compressor, I think your only option is to multiplex them in something like MPEG STreamclip and bring the new file back into Compressor.

Probably easier to redo the Compressor job with the original source.

Russ

Nov 16, 2011 2:18 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks for the replies. I haven't used Disk Utility in this way, but seems like a good solution (though I don't have the original disk ;-).

A good Compressor (5?) feature would be to be able to save the disk image so that additional disks could be burned later, rather than just the "Burn Again?" option immediately after a burn.

OR/AND

The ability to burn a DVD direct from AC3 and MV2 files.

Thanks again,

Geoff

Nov 16, 2011 2:28 PM in response to gmrsamson

Goeff,

Actually this feature is in Compressor 4. After choosing the DVD presets, open Inspector, then the job action tab, and where it says Output Device, choose Hard Drives. That will make a disk image that you can save and make as many physical DVD's as you wish. As Brad indicated, one of the easiest ways to do that burn process is to use Disk Utility.

Russ

Jan 9, 2012 3:56 AM in response to Russ H

Back here again where I started! I have been rendering a project for hours and finally it hung when creating the .img file to the drive. So I am left with the MV2 and AC3 files, and trying to avoid the long render again.

Is there a way, using Compressor 4, to create a .img file from these files, so to create DVDs?

Thanks

Geoff

Apr 6, 2015 5:37 AM in response to jacmjacm

jacmjacm wrote:

Hello

I'm new here. Sorry if I writing in wrong place.

You're not in the wrong place, but I'll point out that you're adding to a thread that is over 3 1/2 years old. It would be preferable to start a new thread.

In any case, Tom answered your question. To create a DVD, Compressor wants a muxed file as an input source – not the separate elementary streams.

Russ

How do I create a DVD from existing M2V and AC3 files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.