Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S battery drainage problem solved...Awesome!!!

Hello guys,

I have iPhone 4S with updated iOS battery drainage problem is solved. I compared before and after update, now my device is not heating too much as it used to with earlier iOS version. I played a car racing game for 30 minutes and just 2% battery discharge with no heating of device.

I recommend you to reset all the settings once you updated to latest iOS.

FYI: No Siri problem !!! everything is in good shape!!!

Cheers!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 11:12 AM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2011 11:52 AM in response to TStrongPGA

Many folks resolved their iOS 5.0.1. issues by resetting all settings. For those who have not picked up on this other thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3484755?start=0&tstart=0

Copy/pasted from that thread:

After installing the update make sure you reset all setttings. I have done a few updates now and have had much better sucess after settings reset all. Standby drain has been virtually eliminated from 2-4% hr before update. It is located in settings/reset//reset all settings. You loose some wifi and desktop settings, but data, apps, etc remain intact.

One other note. After the phone reboot just go through the default setup ( i.e lang, wifi, Siri, etc) and choose "setting up new phone". Don't restore. That will just reinstall potential corrupt settings. Your apps and data will still be there as before. Really hope this helps some folks. My personal 4S is sitting @58% after 14hrs and moderate use.

Feb 18, 2013 5:45 AM in response to rs1n

Hello,

I am currently an owner of an Ipod Touch 4th generation. I see you are having problems with your Ipod Touch/Ipad/Iphone/Ipod Classic, so I will try to find a solution to your problem.🙂

This helps me on my Ipod Touch 4th generation battery drain:

1. Do the IOS update (the one that is the latest, or if you already did or have it downloaded, then proceed to step 2)
  2. Reset All Settings: SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET>RESET ALL SETTINGS
  3. Use it until it dies (automatically shuts off)
  4. Plug into Charge
  5. Leave it 1.5 hours or longer after it reaches 100% --> Undisturbed (preferably overnight)
  6. Give it a few days to Calibrate

This has helped me on my Ipod Touch 4th generation, running IOS 6.0.1

iPhone 4S battery drainage problem solved...Awesome!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.