Previous 1 2 3 Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2014 1:18 AM by TMDDMND
794hew Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I started iTunes Match and it gets stuck on Step 1.  It looks like it is 99.99% done and it just stalls.  It has been 20 hours and wont budge.  I have restarted, reinstalled, and started over 4-5 times.  What can i do?  It is not even at the upload or match phase...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), FULLY UPDATED
  • Gregor-1138 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This is happening to me as well. It just started this morning. It looks like iTunes Match and Genius are both stalling. I'm wondering if there's a problem with Apple's servers...

• Satanismo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same thing for me.  Been stalling at step 1 when it looks complete.  Anyone have any news?

• dkopman Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Me too!  The initial process worked fine but now it keeps re-starting.  Genius and Match both stall in the middle of step 1.  What can I do?

Thanks

• SETH1313 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same thing for me!  I'm trying on a PC using Vista.  Totally freezes my computer about 3/4 of the way through Step 1.  Very frustrating!

• Mike Connelly Level 4 Level 4 (1,785 points)

Same here as well.  Sometimes it stalls about 3/4 the way, other times the bar gets all the way across but it never goes on to step 2.  I've let it run for hours and also stopped and started it.

Seems like at least some of the time it goes pretty fast, how long should this step generally take, even for a big library?  I assume steps 2 and 3 should be the ones that take longer.

Anyone have this problem and get it fixed, or just have it work eventually?  Is it better to keep trying to stop/start it, or let it go for a couple hours?

Are people having this issue on 10.7 or 10.6?  Apple says only 10.7 is supported but generally people on 10.6 are running Match without problems.  Anyone with this problem on 10.7?

• Paul Baptist Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I had it run successfully on a G5 iMac with 10.5.8 on a very small library (407 songs).  No matter what it stalls at the very end of the first step on my main library, though, which is on another G5 (PowerMac, also running 10.5.8).

Edit: I should clarify as semi-successfully.  It got through step 2, but tended to freeze partway through Step 3.

• Robert Cannon1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

I'm having the problem on 10.7!  Granted, I have an unusually large library, but it only get partially through step 3 before freezing up.  Dang!

I don't know that getting stuck on step 3 is necessarily the same problem, sounds like on that step you can just quit out of it and it picks up where it left off.

Anyone stuck on step 1 with 10.7?

• dbrod1689 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm stuck on step 1 with 10.7.

Sometimes the progress bar will get to 100% and then never move forward, other times it will get between 30% and 60% and then stop progressing. I've let it sit for up to 24 hours, and have tried restarting, quitting iTunes, updating my genius, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a college student with practically no money who spent $25 of his last $50 for the week on this, and it has yet to work.

• Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6 (16,785 points)

Add me to the list.

Running OS X 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5.1 (obviously) and iTunes Match just won't get past the scanning stage. I've tried stopping and restarting multiple times with no success. Once it got to what appeared to be 100% and just sat there for over 30 minutes.

So far I'm more than a little disappointed.

• Real Mccoy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same problem - 10.7 it went to 99% once for me and i left it over night and it didnt get to step 2 - i am going to try and run genius first and then itunes match - i have over 18,000 songs so i dont know if thats the problem - i have over 300 that i purchased from itunes that do show up on my iphones and ipad as well as itunes on my work computer.

• tcj226 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Mike Connelly wrote:

I don't know that getting stuck on step 3 is necessarily the same problem, sounds like on that step you can just quit out of it and it picks up where it left off.

Nope, not here at least.  I get into step 3 and it will upload a batch of songs and then, for no apparent reason, it will just freeze, after which I stop, restart and it begins the entire process from step 1.  Every single time.  In its defense, however, I have to say that each time it's found more stuff to match.  But I'd rather run through Match again after the initial batch has been uploaded, because this is maddening.  Both days now I've left for work with it running, thinking it would be finished when I got home and I come home to it frozen just a bit further than I left it.

• Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6 (16,785 points)

I can finally report that after a little over 3 hours the inital scan finally finished and I am now to stage 2. Unfortunately I don't think I did anything to actualy make it work so I can't really offer any hope to the folks having trouble other than to keep trying.

Previous 1 2 3 Next