Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning Subtitle ON/OFF

Hi all,

Is there a way where I could put subtitle into a MOV and these subtitle could have an option to be turned on/off. I know I can do it via dvdsp or Adobe Encore via dvd format but just want to know if this could be achieved?

Any pointers appreciated.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 3:51 PM

You can add a text file containing subtitles to a movie in QuickTime Player Pro.

I don't have the info for the formatting but you can probably Google it.

Turning on and off is not user friendly though -the viewer would have to open in QT Pro, not the regular free version and access the item properties window then activate or deactivate the checkbox for the text file.

The Item Properties window looks like this (note -I don't have one with a text file embedded but it would appear in the list at the top).

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2011 3:51 PM in response to Aaron L

You can add a text file containing subtitles to a movie in QuickTime Player Pro.

I don't have the info for the formatting but you can probably Google it.

Turning on and off is not user friendly though -the viewer would have to open in QT Pro, not the regular free version and access the item properties window then activate or deactivate the checkbox for the text file.

The Item Properties window looks like this (note -I don't have one with a text file embedded but it would appear in the list at the top).

User uploaded file

Turning Subtitle ON/OFF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.