7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2011 11:32 PM by Karl Pfeiffer (.at)
Karl Pfeiffer (.at) Level 3 Level 3 (625 points)

How to get a movie with added titles and blending out in the same size or at least ratio out from iMovie 8.0.6 (821)?

Importet 776x576, out *all* in several settings but not this size, stuffed left and right and bottom and top and added black and darkgrey borders of 80-100 px;

not sure whether this is normal.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

~Karl.

• Karl Pfeiffer (.at) Level 3 Level 3 (625 points)

It seems to be a matter of ratio-setting in File-Menu; should this mean, that clips with different ratios can be combined?

~k.

• Karsten Schlüter Level 7 Level 7 (31,085 points)

iMovie is meant by concept for camcorder imports, in 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio.

776x576 is a non-standard resolution (exotic), iM will try to make it 'fit' by adding borders and/or stretching it.

Karsten, my frame-size is exotic, right.

You say, iMovie is for 16:9? Or 4:3?

Up since my first Macs 1985, I worked with all but Knowledge Navigator and Newton, and  many Applications. Up to now this equipment worked for me, now it is not able to decide whether 4:3 or 16:9 is coming in?

I think, PS knows, which Color-schema a picture has. And many other applications can see, what they get. But not the newer apps just for fun, not to work. Sorry.

As I saw is the command to set project settings in the file menu strong enough to get results. So your answer can been sayd to solve my problem

~k.

Karl Pfeiffer (.at) wrote:

...  now it is not able to decide whether 4:3 or 16:9 is coming in? ..

when you use the software as intended (=import from camcorder), iM for sure identifies automatically the correct aspect ratio.

inserting a stripped-to-the-bone 'graphic' file without any meta-data will fail PS too to display in correct colors ...

776x576 is 4:2.76 ... do you really expect 'fuzzy logic' in that 14€ tool?

• elikness Level 4 Level 4 (2,635 points)

inserting a stripped-to-the-bone 'graphic' file without any meta-data will fail PS too to display in correct colors ...

That takes me back to the bad old days of trying to open some nameless, no-file extension file and attempting to open it in PS 2.0 in RAW (not the current Camera RAW but raw data) format and hope for the best. Sometimes you found out later it was not a picture, but a text file, ooops!

elikness wrote:

…  you found out later it was not a picture, but a text file, ooops!

LOL!

or vice versa: double-clicking a 'picture' and Word5 opened a few hundred pages of "ölsjd%kj&sduic/lxyk)(cyx"

You was to estimat the size (totally unknown, of course; we say „to suck from the thumb“) …

~k.