Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need quicktime 7.5.5

Recently reloaded leopard OS and upgraded to Itunes 10.5.1. When relaunching itunes I am getting prompt that Itunes requires Quicktime 7.5.5? where can I get quicktime 7.5.5? Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 8:15 PM

iTunes 10.5.1 requires Quicktime 7.6 or later. Here is the most up to date QT (7.7) to use with Leopard: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL761

5 replies

Nov 18, 2011 9:31 AM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

I am on 10.5.8 and I have the same message showing up… I've done all the software updates that my Mac can find, and I've downloaded & installed the latest QuickTime version from your linke above (it's 7.7 now)… After installing this (which required a restart), I am still receiving this message when trying to launch iTunes. The only other thing I can think to do is to download iTunes from Apple's site and try to install that (should be the latest version and with a quicktime installer it uses/requires as well, right?). I am trying that now… but, in case this doesn't work… I'd love to know if somoene else has had this problem and gotten it fixed. Thanks in advance.

need quicktime 7.5.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.