Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About Lyrics

I have a lot of lyrics metadata in my iTunes library. I have tested iTunes Match for this and found that on my Mac if I delete a track and redownload it from iCloud (matched) it WILL in fact keep all the data I had previously had for that track: including lyrics.

This data also normally synced right over to iOS devices as well via WiFi/Cable sync. However, downloading tracks from iCloud on an iOS device for me rendered no such lyrics metadata. Anyone else have similar observations? Maybe they will work on this in the future. It seems lyrics are the only metadata that does not drop down from iCloud to an iOS device. Nonetheless with iTunes Match enabled, I can no longer sync music via my Mac: it's all supposed to come straight from iCloud now.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 11:07 PM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2011 10:17 PM in response to AdamAndrew

This is a major issue for me also. I just converted to iTunes Match, love that I can get anything from my large library on demand to any of my IOS devices (2 iPhones and 2 iPads for myself and spouse). However, any lyrics that I have manually added myself to songs on my mac will only show up on my mac and not IOS devices. I tried adding new lyrics after the match completed, remove and reload the song on iPhone, no luck. The only songs on iPhone with lyrics are those that were already on the iPhone before moving over to iCloud, so if I remove and reload them the lyrics go away.

All this is used to work fine without icloud, I could add lyrics to a song and they will show up on any IOS device. It makes no technical or legal sense for this to go away when converting to iCloud. I am sure hoping this is a bug or feature piece that just didn't make the deadline in the rush to get iTunes Match out.

If someone from Apple can confirm this will be addressed, that would be great.

About Lyrics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.