Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Printer Problem

I am running MacOs 10.6.8. I have a Canon isensys LBP 5360 laser printer.

The cd's that came with the printer have no support for mac on them

I have downloaded and installed the latest canon UFR 11 driver for this model. (o11ad5eng_m_ufr0230(1).dmg

I have connected via USB.

The connection light is displayed on the printer, the printer display window is showing ready to print.

When I try to set up my printer in the print&fax dialogue box, my printer is not showing under the default list.

Can anyone offer some advice.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 12:23 AM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2011 11:49 AM in response to Colin Mann

perhaps that is not the right answer for this printer when attached locally via USB.

Typically, printers that provide a full driver (as opposed to a tiny little printer definiton file) also provide their own configuration program that discovers the printer for you, and either installs it in Print & Fax or makes it discoverable in Print & Fax.

Was there such a program in the download from canon?

Canon Printer Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.