Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says iPad is supervised by another computer?

I have a school distributed iPad and they gave us the freedom to put music on it. However, when I plug in my iPad into my PC, an error message comes up and says, 'iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer,' and then won't let me do anything else with it, so I can't sync music to my iPad. The iPad doesn't show up under devices or anything. Help!

So far I've tried logging in on both my iPad and PC with my iTunes account, turned on home sharing on both devices, turned on iPad to automatically download music from other devices, and downloaded a free song on my iPad (I hoped it would trigger something).

iPad 2, Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 10:54 AM

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I'm experiencing the same issue.

5 replies

Mar 25, 2015 11:24 AM in response to Fhelan

Supervision Mode seems to embed itself into the operating system. In Apple Configurator, I had to unassign myself from the iPad. That restarts the iPad. This is something your IT Administrator has to do, but I doubt they will take it out of Supervisor mode as that means the devices can be stolen and used by anyone.

You are getting this error message?

User uploaded file

Someone, your IT Administrator, used Apple Configurator to lock down your device and turned on "Supervision" in Apple Configurator:

User uploaded file

iTunes says iPad is supervised by another computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.