Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete one photo from my photostream

Hi,

I would like to delete a photo from my photostream on my iPhone 4S. Is there a easy way to do it? I read so many discussions, but couldn't able to get if thats even possible. Can anyone help?

- Boomi

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 12:34 PM

You can't selectively delete photos from it or even decide what goes into the stream and what not.

Even if you follow the "reset"option by logging into www.icloud.com and click on your username there , this will just empty the cache and instantly add everything back into the stream..

Therefore the only solution is to not use photostream at all if this bothers you. Turn it off on both iOS as well on Mac and PC to avoid stuff being added in the future.

Photostream is no "gallery" or "folder". It just is a real-time flow of everything you ever photographed or saved into the camera-roll. IPhoto/Aperture pick up these "flow" and create folders of them. Due to the limited size in iOS devices, it is only a temporary cache, a virtual "folder" . It will "delete" itself once the photostream feature is turned off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2011 12:34 PM in response to Boominathan

You can't selectively delete photos from it or even decide what goes into the stream and what not.

Even if you follow the "reset"option by logging into www.icloud.com and click on your username there , this will just empty the cache and instantly add everything back into the stream..

Therefore the only solution is to not use photostream at all if this bothers you. Turn it off on both iOS as well on Mac and PC to avoid stuff being added in the future.

Photostream is no "gallery" or "folder". It just is a real-time flow of everything you ever photographed or saved into the camera-roll. IPhoto/Aperture pick up these "flow" and create folders of them. Due to the limited size in iOS devices, it is only a temporary cache, a virtual "folder" . It will "delete" itself once the photostream feature is turned off.

Delete one photo from my photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.