5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2011 1:57 PM by Loyalizer
candlewax48 Level 1 Level 1

Hello - Have a samsung LED TV.  Bought a cheap display adapter (hdmi) to go with my 2011 macbook pro.  The display flickers though.  I'm not sure what the issue is - whether it is the tv, or the display adapter.

ps, i have a similar LG LED TV and there is no flickering at all when connected via hdmi.

Does anyone have any issues on how to resolve?

Mac OS X (10.7.2)
Solved by Loyalizer on Nov 16, 2011 1:40 PM Solved

I had  similar issue once, only to realise that I did not have the cable plugged in securely, and the little bit of play that existed caused the screen to flicker when I typed on the keyboard...

Check the port on the Samsung, but definitely try a DVI or VGA cable in the PC in port to be sure...

Reply by Loyalizer on Nov 16, 2011 1:33 PM Helpful

The only way to test things out would be to use a different cable or adapter. If your TV has a PC DVI or VGA port try that one. If it works then it's most likely that cheap adapter, then get a better one. If it happens again, with a different cable, then maybe its the port or the TV itself.

If you can plug your MBP into another TV with that adapter give that a shot too, to narrow down the issues. Try taking your MBP and the adapter cable to a store that sells TV's and try it there with different models as well as your own if possible.

If the issues persists, then at least you would be better informed as to what the issue could be...

All replies

• Loyalizer Level 1 Level 1

The only way to test things out would be to use a different cable or adapter. If your TV has a PC DVI or VGA port try that one. If it works then it's most likely that cheap adapter, then get a better one. If it happens again, with a different cable, then maybe its the port or the TV itself.

If you can plug your MBP into another TV with that adapter give that a shot too, to narrow down the issues. Try taking your MBP and the adapter cable to a store that sells TV's and try it there with different models as well as your own if possible.

If the issues persists, then at least you would be better informed as to what the issue could be...

• candlewax48 Level 1 Level 1

thankyou. i have just connected it up to an LG actually, and it works perfectly fine.  so I'm guessing it's more the tv than the adapter.  It may just be that this adapter does not work well with Samsungs...

I had  similar issue once, only to realise that I did not have the cable plugged in securely, and the little bit of play that existed caused the screen to flicker when I typed on the keyboard...

Check the port on the Samsung, but definitely try a DVI or VGA cable in the PC in port to be sure...

• candlewax48 Level 1 Level 1

i think you may be right!  now that i have plugged the calbe back into the samsung, it seems fine.

odd to think that i was putting up with this problem for many weeks now.

Merci, glad to have been of service...