Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my samsung led tv flicker - is it the display adapter or the tv

Hello - Have a samsung LED TV. Bought a cheap display adapter (hdmi) to go with my 2011 macbook pro. The display flickers though. I'm not sure what the issue is - whether it is the tv, or the display adapter.

ps, i have a similar LG LED TV and there is no flickering at all when connected via hdmi.

Does anyone have any issues on how to resolve?

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 1:33 PM

The only way to test things out would be to use a different cable or adapter. If your TV has a PC DVI or VGA port try that one. If it works then it's most likely that cheap adapter, then get a better one. If it happens again, with a different cable, then maybe its the port or the TV itself.

If you can plug your MBP into another TV with that adapter give that a shot too, to narrow down the issues. Try taking your MBP and the adapter cable to a store that sells TV's and try it there with different models as well as your own if possible.

If the issues persists, then at least you would be better informed as to what the issue could be...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2011 1:33 PM in response to candlewax48

The only way to test things out would be to use a different cable or adapter. If your TV has a PC DVI or VGA port try that one. If it works then it's most likely that cheap adapter, then get a better one. If it happens again, with a different cable, then maybe its the port or the TV itself.

If you can plug your MBP into another TV with that adapter give that a shot too, to narrow down the issues. Try taking your MBP and the adapter cable to a store that sells TV's and try it there with different models as well as your own if possible.

If the issues persists, then at least you would be better informed as to what the issue could be...

why does my samsung led tv flicker - is it the display adapter or the tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.