Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4/4S iOS 5.0.1 no audio in call

Bought new iPhone 4S and gave my old iPhone 4 to my girlfriend. Both worked fine with iOS 5 but after we both did an upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 we both have problems with missing audio in calls - sometimes it works but mostly not! It's really annoying that the primary function for such expensive phones does'nt work!!! Search all over the web and it sees to be the "No audio on outgoing Calls, Echoes, Static" bug. Can't be true we have to reset and restart phones several times and trying other trick to make it work for a while! It's not acceptable and for me it's obvious its the iOS 5.0.1 update which started this error!! Also have trouble with SMS/iMessage's going through periodically.

Any others users experiece the same with both iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S ?

iPhone 4

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 3:06 PM

17 replies

Nov 18, 2011 2:06 AM in response to m.piatek

My son has a similar problem since updating to the latest software on his iphone 4. He can make calls but the other person can't hear him. Facetime and Skype work fine - so it must be the lower microphone that is the problem. He's had it checked at the Apple store in Chiang Mai but they won't fix it - he has to get it back to the UK for service. It's 2 months over the warranty period but having checked around it seems this problem is widespread and Apple need to sort it fast!

I've updated mine and it's fine - but I'm gonna take out applecare before the warranty runs out as I'm not risking having a £495 phone that I can't use as a phone.

I was thinking of buying one for my wife this Xmas but no way whilst they are having so many problems.

COME ON APPLE - GET THIS FIXED WITH A NEW RELEASE ASAP!

Nov 24, 2011 2:42 AM in response to m.piatek

I have the exact same problem "No audio on outgoing Calls, Echoes, Static" on my appx. 1 year old iPhone 4, it's been there ever since 5.0.0 though. I was hoping for 5.0.1 to fix it, but alas, if anything it got worse. No amount of resetting has helped thus far, and Apple refuse to acknowledge the problem as anything but a hardware issue.

Dec 5, 2011 7:44 PM in response to m.piatek

I have the same issue ever since 5.0.1 on my GSM iPhone 4. When I try to switch to speakerphone and check a text or do anything but talk it kills the mic as if I hit mute. Also using the Native video recorder or video recorder APPS results in no sound or EXTREMELY low sound with hiss. I have used the voice memo and it seems fine with no sound issues. THIS IS DEFINITELY A SOFTWARE ISSUE>

Dec 6, 2011 12:21 AM in response to m.piatek

On EVERY phone call I make, I experience the issue of hearing my own voice and not hearing the bell... The other person picks up my phone and 1) I cannot hear him. 2) He cannot hear me.

This has become so bloody frustrating that I feel like throwing away my new factory unlocked iPhone 4s. I've tried everything from doing a factory reset to using as a new iPhone without restoring from a backup.

I hate apple for wasting my £600 because there's no Apple where I live!!!

And if Apple doesn't fix this problem in 5.0.2 (which will be released God knows when because 'I'm' so busy selling buggy iPhone 4s' to the whole world!) or 5.1 anytime soon, I sure am gonna put my phone on fire and post the video on YouTube!

Dec 8, 2011 1:07 AM in response to m.piatek

it was working fine for me up to yesterday when it start having trouble sending messages.. then I noticed that when calling someone it just have no audio.. the other person can't hear me either.. when I tried calling myself, it will ring but does not show up on my end..

Now I don't even know if someone has been calling..

APPLE, please fix this!!

Dec 18, 2011 1:30 PM in response to m.piatek

I have the exact problem with my iPhone 4. A lot of people say they have had this peoblem after updating to iOS 5.0.1 but I am still on iOS 4.1 .Problem is that I have no sound in earpiece, speaker or headphones only when placing or receiving a regular GSM call. If I place a wi-fi call with Tango or Viber I have no problem with audio. I don't really know what 's wrong when placing a regular call.

All other apps work just fine, I have sound in ipod, etc.

Apple hipe you can let us know what's wrong with your phones!!

iPhone 4/4S iOS 5.0.1 no audio in call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.