Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More shuffle options?

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is any way to "combine" two songs for shuffling purposes. This way that during shuffling it couldn't play one without the other right after. There is always an occasional album with certain songs that are clearly intro's to the successive track. I personally hate listening to my iPod and hearing the intro song only to be dissappointed when the intro cuts out and shuffles to another song. I think this is best described with an example:

The new album by Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto, has one of these intro tracks. The relevent track listing is as follows:

1) Mylo Xyloto

2) Hurts Like Heaven

3) Paradise

Now, track 1 is an intro to track 2. So if I had my iPod on shuffle it might pick 1) Mylo Xyloto or 2) Hurts Like Heaven, but only in extremely rare case would it pick 1) Mylo Xyloto AND THEN 2) Hurts Like Heaven. Is there anyway to link, connect, or combine these songs so that when shuffling is enabled it would treat these two tracks as one and play them in order together and then continue its way and pick another random song.

I had a hard time trying to explain this with words only. Hopefully it makes sense. Please ask for more clarification if it is needed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-thebballman

Toshiba Satellite A300, Windows Vista, Nano 16GB Green 4G

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 3:51 PM

2 replies

Dec 3, 2011 5:51 AM in response to thebballman

BBallMan,

Yes it makes sense, and is frequently asked here (but more often about Pink Floyd than Coldplay!).

iTunes does not have a way to "glue" multiple tracks together for shuffling.

One option is to mark them "Skip When Shuffling" on the options tab, so they only play in the order you request them outside of Shuffle.

Another is to use an audio editor to concatenate them, and then add it back to your iTunes library as a single long track.

You can also make feature suggestions to Apple at the iTunes Feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

More shuffle options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.