Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Channel Hopping/Wireless Roaming is Broke in Mac OS X.

I have two access points on either side of the house. I work close to one access point most of the time and move to the other side of the house to work as well. When I move to the other side of the house, the wireless signal drops to 20%. I have another access point in the same room, with a 95% signal, same SSID, different channel, yet my Macbook Pro will not hop to the stronger access point. The only way I can get it to re-associate with the stronger access point is by disabling airport and turning it back on. What gives? I find this question asked a lot over the years about Mac OS X but I haven't found a solution. I would like adjust the aggressiveness of the channel hopping like I can do with some hardware in windows, but cannot find this feature anywhere in Mac OS X. Please help. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Mac Book Pro, early 2011 model. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 9:01 PM

3 replies

Channel Hopping/Wireless Roaming is Broke in Mac OS X.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.